It's been more than 5 months since I first started writing this series, so I thought I would come back to leave another review. For new readers of this series, please read this review FIRST, before picking up the novel. I will be listing some of the pros and cons of this novel here, and since everyone has different tastes, this novel is obviously not going to be for the entire population of Webnovel. Please don't complain about things later on in the story if I already clearly listed them here. So, without any further ado, I will start with the cons first, then talk about the good points later.
- Harem. This is based on personal preference, so I won't say too much. Some people may find harem a pro of this novel, others may consider it a con.
- Boring early chapters. The early chapters (roughly chapters 1-10) of this novel are quite boring since characters are just getting introduced and our MC doesn't have any powers at all. After he awakens his powers though, that's when the fun truly starts.
- Cliches. Like any other story, there are some cliches within this one as well. For example, OP MC beats the guys who think he is weak, and he gets all the cute girls. HOWEVER, I've tried my best to keep cliches to a minimal, especially after the early chapters. Please focus on the plot development of the story instead of the slight cliches here and there. Also, keep in mind - cliches are cliches for a reason.
- Chinese factors. In my opinion, most of my readers shouldn't be too concerned about the Chinese names (in Pingyin, not actual Chinese characters) proverbs, and traditions incorporated within this story, but nevertheless, I thought I would include this in the cons of this novel. If you have a problem with Chinese names or culture, I won't judge. Keep in mind everything is still written in pronunciable English, so no need to worry about not being able to understand what I'm writing.
- Weak MC at first. In the beginning, the MC is powerless and has a weak will as well. He is constantly thinking of just giving up, and therefore is dragged/pushed around by others a lot in the beginning. He will slowly develop as he gains his power though - it is a weak-to-strong novel, after all.
- World-building. This novel has a unique system, whether it's the 21 elements or casting process. It's like a mixture of Eastern Cultivation Fantasy and Western Magic. I could give more examples, but I suggest just reading the novel itself instead. Also, the world it is set in is more or less similar to the world we know. Thus, it should be easy for you to visualize scenary and such.
- Writing Quality. There are little to no grammar, spelling, and/or capitalization mistakes within this novel. While English isn't my first language, I do use a grammar checker tool when I write, so there shouldn't be any major problems.
- Harem. As said earlier, this can be a con for some people; it depends on preference, really.
- Plot development. While the early chapters are slightly boring since MC doesn't have any powers (yet), after around Chapter 11 or so the story begins getting steadily better from there. Please read until then to decide whether ot not this story is worth it to keep reading.
- Characters. Each of my main characters unique, and have different personalities. Some even experience slight personality changes throughout the story, as a major event happens (Volume 3, cough). Character development is also steadily happening, especially for the MC.
- Mysterious. While this story is written in first-person (MC's perspective most of the time), not everything is directly laid bare (MC's thoughts, etc). There are both mysterious/unknown aspects regarding MC's abilities and the world itself that are hinted at but won't be revealed until the time is right. If you like imagining and guessing at what those mysteries might be, this novel's - or rather, my writing style may suit you.
- Stability of Updates. Currently releasing 1 chapter daily, despite being busy with school.
Wow, I wrote a lot. Sorry to all of you who're just trying to begin reading. I just thought it was necessary to list the pros and cons of the novel here so that readers know some basic aspects of what they will be reading. I hope I wasn't just doing something extra.
Anyway, even if there are some points in here you dislike, I'd suggest still giving the story a try. Who knows? Perhaps the good will outweigh the bad. And if it does, well - make sure to smash that vote button with a sledgehammer and add this novel to your collection.
That's all from me for now.