Hey guys! Author here! This self-review will serve as a guide for everyone who wishes to begin reading the novel:
1. Writing Quality - I've gotten a lot of comments on changing from past to present tense. I agree that I do not have a perfect grammar sense, and I thank every reader who has been generous enough to point out my mistakes.😌 However on some parts the use of present tense is intended to show that, the thing being shown or stated is still there.
This means that if I say something like: The King is the mightiest warrior, it means that he still is.
2. Stability of Updates - Chapters will be added daily and in this specific sequence:
2.a. Weekends - 1 Chapter
2.b. Monday and Friday - 2 Chapters
2.c. Tuesday - Thursday - 3 Chapters.
I would sometimes go above the number of chapters added daily. But that's only if I'm in a good writing mood. 😅
3. The story is basically slow pacing. Other information on the story development are as follows:
3.a. Fights- The main character (along with the subordinates) will always struggle in fights instead of just outright overpowering the opponents. Even on fights where the mc has the upper hand, he'll still have a plan prepared. This is because, I don't want to create a main character who plows down opponents just because he's buffed.
Although some of his strategies may be questionable, that is part of him being human. If there aren't any mistakes then he won't be human anymore. Oh and don't argue that he's smart. There's a difference between being smart and being omniscient.😉
3.b. Romance - None of the sort will appear for the mc anytime soon. I want him to develop as he is without any outside forces such as courting and romance to influence his growth. There may be hints along the story but, I don't plan on giving him a female counterpart until he becomes a perfectly balanced character.
3.c. Flashbacks - this is a personal preference of mine because I want to introduce new characters properly without having them actually say anything about themselves. Thus, I made a concept which is [Memory Piece] which serves as a playback for characters and some mysteries shrouding them.
4. Character Design - I've tried my best in making a well rounded main character. Again, let me point out that he is human and as such, he will make a lot of human - like decisions. But most of the time, he is calm and collected with his ideas.
The main character also uses the knowledge he acquired on earth in order to benefit his missions on Mythos. Other characters will also have their fair share of development as I've put the story on Third Person PoV. This means that I can place as many expositions as I want even if the main character has no knowledge of these things. Plus, this makes it possible to show the thoughts of other characters which adds in the understanding of what kind of persons/gods they are.
5. World Background - I've actually put some details on the background at the beginning of the novel. Other things however will be explained as the story progresses.
Thank you for taking time in reading my novel. I know that there are a bunch of things I can still improve on and I try to do those everyday.
If you hate it, or if the story is distasteful for you, there's nothing I can do about that. I can only improve as the story goes along and, if you choose to drop it without seeing the actual progress then I can only thank you for taking your time reading.
Thank you everyone!